Enjoy 3 Days Kayaking in the Stockholm Archipelago with 2 nights Wild Camping
*Price: 5290 SEK per person*
*July – August, see below for dates*
If you’re looking for adventure then you’re in the right place! Just moments out of the city the archipelago begins, with almost 30,000 islands it’s one of the most unique areas in Europe offering fantastic paddling conditions and plenty of opportunity to spot wildlife! Book a 3 Day trip and make the most of the long days and beautiful scenery.
- Paddle the incredible, world-renowned Stockholm Archipelago
- Marvel at the abundance of flora & fauna amongst the maze of islands
- Enjoy delicious, freshly prepared meals on different islands for every meal
- Cliff jump & take a refreshing swim in the Baltic Sea
- Camp on your own deserted island with a morning swim just outside your tent
- Use our easy to handle Prijon Kayaks
- Small groups
- Qualified, experienced kayak guides
- Includes pick up & drop off in the city centre
You will meet your guide and group at Our Adventure Café and set off in our comfortable minivan on a short drive out to the archipelago proper. All our kayak guides are local, qualified and experienced, so once you are geared up they will take time to run through some basic paddling techniques and safety information with you before you set off on a beautiful journey of discovery!
Taking the time to enjoy a few days kayaking in the archipelago will give you plenty of opportunity to perfect your paddling technique, however, it’s not all about paddling! The wildlife, rugged scenery and serenity of kayaking in the archipelago will blow you away! It really is a very special place and there’s no better way to enjoy it than in a kayak. Some of the islands will be big enough to house a village, some just a single homestead and others so small they have room for only one tree on them! There will be towering cliffs, narrow passage ways, plenty of forest and wildlife in abundance! The wildlife and nature is astonishing! Moose, Roe Deer, Fallow Deer and Red Foxes live on the larger islands and during the summer months they swim between them. White-tailed/Sea eagles, Canadian Geese, Eider, Loons, Arctic Terns, Ospreys, Great Cormorants and other migratory birds can be seen all summer out in the archipelago. You may even get lucky and see grey seals out fishing in the waters!
Your local expert guide has a wealth of knowledge on the surrounding flora and fauna, and the history of Stockholm, so there will be plenty to learn and discuss as you go. You will also be able to take a swim, do some fishing (maybe even catch something for dinner!) and enjoy a quieter pace of life with your fellow kayakers.
The tours do not follow a fixed route, your guide will be flexible and pick the best route taking into consideration the weather, and the needs, desires and abilities of the group. You will often paddle to the outer “Skerries”, a true wilderness, and camp (in comfortable two-man tents) on uninhabited and remote islands, which are frequented by only a few people. If you have always dreamed of sleeping under the stars, this is your time! The night sky is truly remarkable when darkness finally falls. Our guides endeavor to lunch and camp on a new island each time they take multiday tours out into the archipelago, so as to keep our impact on the nature to a minimum.
Delicious typical Swedish meals are freshly prepared, and cooked on outdoor stoves for you whilst on your kayaking trip.
On the last day, you will arrive back to the city in the late afternoon.
Good to know
- 09:00 departure. Please arrive 10 minus before departure.
- The minimum age is 16 years old and ALL YOUTH’S MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
- You do not need any previous kayaking experience or much ‘muscle-power’ to enjoy this kayaking tour, although some experience of outdoor life may come in handy.
- Many persons who paddle with us have no previous experience, and the techniques are easy to learn. Safety is our number 1 priority, so your guide will make sure that everyone is at ease and knows how to deal with the wind and the waves before crossing open stretches.
- You should be able to swim to join this tour.
- We carry all our food and drinking water with us in the kayaks.
- There are no toilets on the islands we visit.
- We use Helsport Freestanding 3 Man Tents (very comfortable for 2 guests), however, you can upgrade to have your own tent for an additional 400 SEK. This will be an option when booking.
- The tour will take place in all weathers unless the guide believes it to be unsafe. Please dress appropriately.
- 2 days – 3-4 July
- 3 days – 12-14 July
- 2 days – 19-20 July
- 2 days – 29-30 July
- 3 days – 2-4 August
- 2 days – 12-13 August
- 3 days – 28-30 August
Book directly with us
- INSTANT CONFIRMATION!
- NO booking fees.
- NO cancellation fees (cancel up to 7 days in advance for a full refund).
See our full list of reasons to book directly with us, click here.