Stockholm is lovingly known as “The Venice of the North” due to its being situated over 14 islands and linked by 57 bridges! Discover the beautiful city from the water.
- Open Tour
- Adult From 16 years old
- Private Tour
- Up to 4 people All ages
ENJOY A DAY PADDLING IN THE SERENE STOCKHOLM ARCHIPELAGO!
If there is something you should not miss whilst in Stockholm, it’s kayaking in the archipelago! Just moments out of the city, the archipelago begins. With almost 30,000 islands, it’s one of the most unique areas in Europe.
Meet your guide and group at our Adventure Café and set off in our comfortable minivan on a short drive out to the archipelago proper. All our kayak guides are local, qualified and experienced, so once you are geared up, they take time to run through some basic paddling techniques and safety information with you before you set off on a beautiful journey of discovery!
The wildlife, rugged scenery and serenity of the paddle will blow you away! It really is a very special place, and there’s no better way to enjoy it than on a kayak. Some of the islands are big enough to house a village, some just a single homestead and others so small they have room for only one tree on them! There are towering cliffs, narrow passageways, plenty of forest and wildlife in abundance!
The wildlife and nature are astonishing! Moose, roe deer, fallow deer, and red foxes live on the larger islands, and during the summer months, they swim between them. White-tailed/sea eagles, Canadian geese, eider, loons, arctic terns, ospreys, great cormorants, and other migratory birds can be seen all summer out in the archipelago. You may even get lucky and see grey seals out fishing in the waters!
You stop on the sunniest and most sheltered island for a delicious and freshly prepared lunch, where you are welcome to swim and sunbathe should you wish. Our guides try to stop for lunch on a new island every day so that we keep our impact on nature to a minimum. With so much protection from the open sea, we can always find somewhere sheltered to stop, even if it is windy. Our guides get weather updates daily and will change the route of the tour depending on the weather forecast.
Once lunch has been enjoyed and you’re ready to get going again, you continue to paddle around the islands, spotting wildlife and exploring further before heading back to the minivan, where you pack up and head back into the city.
- 03-04 JULY 2020; 2 Days Kayaking with wild camping.
- 12-14 JULY 2020; 3 Days Kayaking with wild camping.
- 19-20 JULY 2020; 2 Days Kayaking wild camping.
- 29-30 JULY 2020; 2 Days Kayaking with wild camping.
- 02-04 AUGUST 2020; 3 Days Kayaking wild camping.
- 12-13 AUGUST 2020; 2 Days Kayaking with wild camping.
- 28-30 AUGUST 2020; 3 Days Kayaking with wild camping.
- Paddle the incredible, world-renowned Stockholm Archipelago.
- Marvel at the abundance of flora and fauna amongst the maze of islands.
- Enjoy a delicious, freshly prepared lunch on a private island.
- Cliff jump and take a refreshing swim in the Baltic Sea.
- Use our easy-to-handle Prijon kayaks.
- Small groups, maximum 8 participants.
- Qualified, experienced kayak guides.
- Includes pick-up and drop-off in the city centre.
- Small groups, maximum 8 participants.
- Our day tours have an easy tempo to suit all abilities. Many persons who paddle with us have no previous experience, and the techniques are easy to learn.
- You should be able to swim at least 200 m to join this tour.
- We carry all our food and drinking water with us in the kayaks.
- There are no toilets on the islands we visit.
- The tour will take place in all weathers unless the guide believes it to be unsafe. Please dress appropriately.
- We provide new Prijon Kayaks, TNP Wolferine Light Paddles, Hiko Life Vests, transport from/back to the city centre.
- Included meal: delicious freshly prepared lunch, afternoon fika.
- Minimum age: 16 years old. ALL YOUTHS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
- Minimum height: 1.50 m.
- Maximum weight: 130 kg.
We own and use all the latest and best equipment on the market!