Stockholm is lovingly known as “The Venice of the North” due to its being situated over 14 islands and linked by 57 bridges! Discover the beautiful city from the water.
- Open Tour
- Adult From 16 years old
- Private Tour
- Up to 4 people All ages
ENJOY A DAY PADDLING IN THE SERENE STOCKHOLM ARCHIPELAGO!
If there is something you should not miss whilst in Stockholm, it’s kayaking in the archipelago! Just moments out of the city, the archipelago begins. With almost 30,000 islands, it’s one of the most unique areas in Europe.
Meet your guide and group at our Adventure Café in the heart of the city and set off in our comfortable minivan on a short drive out to the archipelago proper. All our kayak guides are local, qualified and experienced, so once you are geared up, they will take their time to run through some basic paddling techniques and safety information with you before you set off on a beautiful journey of discovery!
The wildlife, rugged scenery and serenity of the paddle will blow you away! It really is a very special place, and there’s no better way to enjoy it than in a kayak. Some of the islands are big enough to house a village, some just a single homestead and others so small they have room for only one tree on them! There are towering cliffs, narrow passageways, plenty of forest and wildlife in abundance!
The wildlife and nature are astonishing! Moose, roe deer, fallow deer, and red foxes live on the larger islands, and during the summer months, they swim between them. White-tailed/sea eagles, Canadian geese, eider, loons, arctic terns, ospreys, great cormorants, and other migratory birds can be seen all summer out in the archipelago. You may even get lucky and see grey seals out fishing in the waters!
You stop on the sunniest and most sheltered island for a delicious and freshly prepared lunch, where you are welcome to swim and sunbathe should you wish. Our guides try to stop for lunch on a new island every day so that we keep our impact on nature to a minimum. With so much protection from the open sea, we can always find somewhere sheltered to stop, even if it is windy. Our guides get weather updates daily and will change the route of the tour depending on the weather forecast.
Once lunch has been enjoyed and you’re ready to get going again, you continue to paddle around the islands, spotting wildlife and exploring further before heading back to the minivan, where you pack up and head back into the city.
We offer day tours and multi-day tours, both open/scheduled departures and private departures.
For those of you who would like to escape into the archipelago for longer than a day and make the most of the long days and breath-taking scenery, then we have 2 and 3 day options available.
Our tours do not follow a fixed route, your guide will be flexible and pick the best route taking into consideration the weather, and the needs, desires and abilities of the group. You will often paddle to the outer “Skerries”, a true wilderness, and camp (in comfortable two-man tents) on uninhabited and remote islands, which are frequented by only a few people. If you have always dreamed of sleeping under the stars, this is your time! The night sky is truly remarkable when darkness finally falls. Our guides endeavor to lunch and camp on a new island each time they take multiday tours out into the archipelago, so as to keep our impact on the nature to a minimum.
Delicious typical Swedish meals are freshly prepared, and cooked on outdoor stoves for you whilst on your kayaking trip.
On the last day, you will arrive back to the city in the late afternoon.
2021 dates for these adventures:
- 05-06 JULY 2021; 2 Days Kayaking with wild camping.
- 12-14 JULY 2021; 3 Days Kayaking with wild camping.
- 24-25 JULY 2021; 2 Days Kayaking wild camping.
- 02-04 AUGUST 2021; 3 Days Kayaking wild camping.
- 09-10 AUGUST 2021; 2 Days Kayaking with wild camping.
- 23-24 AUGUST 2021; 2 Days Kayaking with wild camping.
- 30 AUGUST – 01 SEPTEMBER 2021; 3 Days Kayaking with wild camping.
- Paddle the incredible, world-renowned Stockholm Archipelago.
- Marvel at the abundance of flora and fauna amongst the maze of islands.
- Enjoy delicious, freshly prepared meals on a private island.
- Cliff jump and take a refreshing swim in the Baltic Sea.
- Use our easy-to-handle Prijon kayaks.
- Qualified, experienced kayak guides.
- Includes pick-up and drop-off in the city centre.
- Small groups; minimum 2 participants / maximum 8 participants.
- Our tours have an easy tempo to suit all abilities. Many persons who paddle with us have no previous experience, and the techniques are easy to learn.
- You should be able to swim at least 200 m to join this tour.
- We carry all our food and drinking water with us in the kayaks.
- There are no toilets on the islands we visit.
- The tour will take place in all weathers unless the guide believes it to be unsafe. Please dress appropriately.
- We provide new Prijon Kayaks, TNP Wolferine Light Paddles, Hiko Life Vests, Spray Decks and transport from/back to the city centre.
- We own and use all the latest and best equipment on the market!
- Included meal: delicious freshly prepared lunch, afternoon fika.
- All meals and camping equipment included on the multi-day tours.
- Minimum age (open tour only): 16 years old. ALL YOUTHS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
- No minimum age for private tours.
- Minimum height: 1.50 m.
- Maximum weight: 130 kg.
- Life Vest sizes:
- Extra Small (15-30kg)
- Small (30-40kg)
- Small/Medium (35-75kg)
- Large/X Large (50-90kg)
- XX Large (+95kg)
- If we do not meet the minimum number required for the tour, we will offer you an alternative date or tour, or a full refund.
- We have reduced the maximum capacity of our open tour from 8 to 5 participants, to ensure the middle seat of the van is empty when we drive to/from the archipelago.
- You will be expected (and reminded by your guide) to remain vigilant with your social distance throughout the tour.
- All equipment will be disinfected after use, ensuring it is clean for the next tour.
- Your guide will have hand sanitiser with them for you to use upon request.
- With the exception of the transportation, this is a small group outdoor activity.
- The food served on this tour is freshly prepared by your guide under strict hygiene conditions and will be served to you outdoors. No other persons will be in contact with your food.
- All employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom free. If you or any other guests are experiencing symptoms, we will ensure you are able to reschedule or cancel your activity.
- If you still have concerns, perhaps a private tour is the best option for you? Contact us if you have further questions.