Stockholm Adventures offers GUIDED, PRIVATE GUIDED,COURSES,SELF-GUIDED TOURS and AR CITY GAMES in and around Stockholm for groups, individuals and families, from all over the world, all year round!
We create genuine and unforgettable experiences and courses for people who love exploration and adventure. In doing so, we put great emphasis on quality equipment, fresh and delicious food, outstanding hospitality and careful consideration for you and the environment every step of the way.
Join a Stockholm Adventures Tour and gain access to the cultural and natural highlights that exist in and around our beautiful city. Whether you wish to paddle in a kayak or skate on natural ice, with us you journey away from the ordinary tourist trails to create an adventure of your own!
Our base, where many of our tours start and finish, is centrally located (less than 500 m from Central Station in one direction, and less than 500 m from City Hall in another) and has a small Adventure Café where you can get a coffee or juice and a snack pre/post tour.
We also offer equipment rental for those of you who wish to go it alone!
ALL INCLUSIVE TOURS
Our tours are fully inclusive, meaning we provide:
- All the necessary gear and safety equipment
- Friendly and experienced guides/all information needed for the self-guided tours
- Meals and/or snack when the tour lasts more than 3 hours (We believe that great experiences should come together with great food!)
- Transportation to/from the activity start, should the tour require it/detailed instructions on how to get there for the self-guided tours
We do what we love and we love what we do!
We want to show you our beloved city and the nature surrounding it because we want you to fall in love with it as much as we have. Quality, consistency and safety is of the utmost importance to us, so we own and use all our own equipment, which happens to be some of the best on the market (we are one of the few tour operators in Stockholm who can say that)! We strive always to exceed guests’ expectations and are always looking for ways in which we can improve. We believe your holiday should be safe, fun, educational and of course environmentally friendly!
We aim to be a leader in responsible and sustainable tourism. There are many ways that we minimize our impact and contribute to the communities we operate in:
– We use eco-friendly and local/Scandinavian brands. On our bike tours we use ATR (And the Revolution) bikes, locally manufactured under our specifications. ATR is a local bike shop in the heart of Södermalm. On our bike and segway tours we also use helmets from POC, expert in protective equipment and also located in Stockholm. On our Archipelago Kayak Tours we use Kupilka eco-friendly dishware from our neighboring country Finland. Kupilka are using their own biomaterial and they are recyclable; and Primus kitchenware. Primus is another Swedish company that offers top quality equipment with a strong sustainability focus. We use Lundhags for all our skating equipment, from boots, skates, to backpacks and knee pads; and Helsport (Finnish brand) and Haglöfs (Swedish brand) for our tents, sleeping bags and backpacks; among many others. All those brands have given us remarkable results with long-lasting products that we have been using for several years now.
– We avoid single-use plastics and believe in re-using equipment. We provide re-usable water bottles for all our ice skating tours and the Self-Guided hiking tours and re-usable thermos for the ice skating, winter kayak and self-guided hiking tours. We also use re-usable plastic picnic set for the Evening Wildlife Safari set-up. Although we understand that plastic is not the most eco-friendly material, it provides the resistance, lightness and the possibility to re-use it throughout seasons and avoid single-use plastics.
– All the ingredients of the tours in which we include food, that is, Archipelago Kayaking Day tour, Ice Skating Tours, Winter Kayak, Self-Guided Hiking,Wildlife Safari and Evening Kayak, are organic, local and/or fair trade. We put a big effort in minimising food waste and we never through any leftovers.
– As an outdoor tour operator, we spend lot of time in the nature around Stockholm. We, more than anyone else, understand the importance of preserving it and how its resources need to be protected. That is why we follow a “leave no trace” mentality. The “leave no trace” mentality translate into bringing back all our waste with us after our tours and camp and cook in different places in each tour to reduce the impact we provoke. As John Muir wrote ones, we make sure that we “take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time”.
– Powered by Green Electricity. All our electronics, from Segways, electric bikes to computers are powered by green electricity from sun, wind and water power.
– Active partners of Sustainable Meet Stockholm and member of Swedish Welcome. Sustainable Meet Stockholm is a collaborative marketing project within sustainable meetings in Stockholm. Swedish welcome is a non-profit association that offers guidance to create better experience to the hospitality world with a sustainable focus.
We have a fantastic team of incredibly passionate, knowledgeable, experienced and local (Swedish and multinational) guides and Instructors who are dedicated to making your tours and cources totally fantastic and completely unforgettable! On every tour, we aim to give you a fun, unique and local perspective of the city.
We feel that there is a lot more to providing an adventure than just possessing the basic skills. Our guides all come to Stockholm Adventures with varied experiences and qualifications and we help them to broaden their knowledge and skillset so as to further their evolution. Each year we have a series of training sessions that include everything from natural and cultural history to practicing techniques and safety procedures.
Stockholm Adventures began its operations in 2008, driven by people who have many years’ experience within the ecotourism and adventure travel industries, both in Sweden and around the world.
In March 2015 ‘Stockholm ‘ICEguide AB’ merged with ‘Stockholm Adventures’ and moved all operations to Kungsbro Strand. We believe this union of ICEguide AB(winter activities) and Stockholm Adventures (summer activities) to be a perfect match; providing exciting tours and activities all year around!
Stockholm Adventures is approved to prepare meals, therefore, our ‘Classic Outdoor Lunch/Meal’ and our ‘Traditional Swedish Midsummer Meal’ are lovingly prepared with fresh locally produced ecological ingredients at our Adventure Café by one of our team. All other delicious meals provided are catered off-site either by ourselves or by our partners.
If you book a tour including meals or a fika, please advise us of any food restrictions:
- Preference: Vegetarian, Vegan
- Allergies: Nuts, Gluten, Lactose
- Illnesses: Diabetes…
- Ingredients you dislike: Cheese, Eggs, Fish…
Happy guests are really important to us, so please provide us with any information we need so that we can achieve that!
We want to provide adventure and fun for anyone who is willing! Everyone is welcome on our tours.
If you have any restrictions, disabilities or pre-existing medical conditions, or if you are travelling with someone who does, let us know so we can do our best to adapt and accommodate you or them.
So that we are able to prepare, please:
- Call/email us as soon as you can (the more notice we are given the better we can accommodate)
- Give us plenty of information (the more we understand the better we can help)