This course is aimed at beginners who want to learn more about the basics of kayaking and allows you to paddle in calm water in the lake or inner archipelago.
INTRODUCTION TO KAYAKING - WHITE COURSE
TRY KAYAKING IN THE CITY!
- Adult From 15 years
This course is aimed at the complete beginner and allows you to try paddling in calm water at a calm pace together with an experienced kayak instructor, who teaches basic paddling
techniques. Our kayak dock is located in the heart of the city, on Kungsholmen, just a couple of hundred meters from T Centralen. Here we can teach you kayaking in an excellent accessible and central location! Our kayak equipment is new and in top condition and our kayak instructors are qualified and experienced.
Your instructor will go through some basic kayaking techniques, kayak settings and safety information before putting the kayaks in the water. This course has a simple pace that suits
everyone. Our goal is to make you appreciate kayaking as we do. Even though you do not need any previous experience to take this course with us, you should be able to swim to participate. After completing this course, you will have your EPP white level, the first of five available levels. Read more about the Paddle Pass here.
After this beginner introduction, you have gained an insight into kayaking and hopefully you want to paddle and learn more, click here to see our other courses in kayaking.
- Lift, carry and load the kayak
- Getting in and out
Progression – to try
- Paddle backwards
- Adjust the equipment
The kayaker wears a life jacket in the right size and in the right way. Furthermore, the kayaker, himself or with help, will take care of the kayak, paddle and possibly other equipment.
Environment and Behavior
The kayaker always respects nature, leaves the place without a trace and understands the importance of paddling with others.
At the introductory level white, it is about 1-3 days of practice to get a first insight into the world of kayaking.
- We provide Prijon kayaks, TNP Wolferine paddles, Hiko life jackets & spray decks.
- Our accident insurance applies to all participants during the course.
- Minimum height: 1.50 m / maximum height: 1.95m. Maximum weight: 130 kg.
- Minimum age: 15 years. All youth must be accompanied by an adult.
- Small groups; minimum 2 participants / maximum 8 participants.
- Language: Swedish. Let us know if this is problematic as all our instructors/examiners speak English and if we know in advance, we can prepare for translating instructions.
- Our instructors are trained in the EPP European Paddle Pass.
- Our dock is the most centrally located in the city. It is located near Barnhusbron on Kungsholmen and approx. 900 meters from T Centralen, the closest street address is Pipersgatan 45.
- There are no toilets at our kayak dock, the meeting point for your tour, but you are welcome to come to our main location (Kungsbro Strand 21) during our office hours to use the toilet.
- FRISKVÅRD – This activity can be booked with a Wellness Card as the activity is approved by the Swedish Tax Agency as tax-free exercise and wellness.
- Buy The big book on kayaking, recommended by the Swedish Canoeing Association for training in the Swedish version of the EPP European Paddle Pass. Price 350 SEK.
- This course will take place in all weathers unless the instructor believes it to be unsafe. Please dress appropriately.
- Life Vest sizes:
- Extra Small (15-30kg)
- Small (30-40kg)
- Small/Medium (35-75kg)
- Large/X Large (50-90kg)
- XX Large (+95kg)
- If we do not meet the minimum number required for the course, we will offer you an alternative date or a full refund.