Experience the archipelago of Stockholm by RIB speed boat; it’s quick, entertaining, exciting and absolutely beautiful!
- Adult From 18 years old
- Youth From 12 to 17 years old
- Private Sailing Tour
SAIL THE STOCKHOLM ARCHIPELAGO ON BOARD OUR LUXURY YACHT!
Nowhere on earth can you find such an abundance of natural islands so close together. Boasting almost 30,000 islands, there’s plenty to see, and there’s no more relaxing way than by sailing!
Meet your captain at the harbour in the pretty coastal town of Vaxholm, on the edge of the Stockholm Archipelago. Once on board, you receive a safety briefing and then set off on your adventure! You sail through narrow straits lined with beautiful Scandinavian architecture, an eclectic mix of 19th-century homes and modern luxury villas, before crossing larger bays to reach more wild and uninhabited islands.
As you cruise through the maze of islands and skerries, you soon understand how legends have emerged about the islands’ fairies and elves, and why parts of the archipelago are nominated for UNESCO World Heritage and National Park status.
The wildlife, rugged scenery and serenity of the archipelago will blow you away! It really is a very special place, and there’s no better way to enjoy it than on our yacht. Some of the islands are big enough to house a village, some just a single homestead and others so small they have room for only one tree on them! There are towering cliffs, narrow passageways, plenty of forest and wildlife in abundance!
The wildlife and nature are astonishing! Moose, roe deer, fallow deer, and red foxes live on the larger islands, and during the summer months, they swim between them. White-tailed/sea eagles, Canadian geese, eider, loons, arctic terns, ospreys, great cormorants, and other migratory birds can be seen all summer out in the archipelago. You may even get lucky and see grey seals out fishing in the waters!
For lunch, you pick the sunniest, most picturesque island to stop, and whilst taking a break you can explore ashore, search for wildlife, go for a swim and enjoy a delicious freshly prepared meal.
Should you wish, the captain can show you how to man the yacht and let you sail some of the way under his careful supervision.
There is no set route for this tour; it is the wind and your whim that decide!
We offer open/scheduled day tours and private half-day, full-day and multi-day tours.
- We provide life vests, rain gear (if needed), lunch, fika.
- Not included: Transport fees to go to Vaxholm.
- Included meal on day tours: delicious freshly prepared lunch, afternoon fika.
- All meals included on private multi-day tours. Just fika included on private half-day tours.
- The tour will take place in all weathers unless the guide believes it to be unsafe. Please dress appropriately.
- Minimum age (open tour only): 12 years old. ALL YOUTHS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
- No minimum age on private tours, however, please let us know ages and weights of children so we can ensure we have a life vest that fits.
- Maximum weight: 150 kg.
- Small groups; minimum 2 participants / maximum 10 participants per boat.
- When you book, you will receive information on how to get to Vaxholm from Stockholm.
- If we do not meet the minimum number required for the tour, we will offer you an alternative date or tour, or a full refund.
- We have reduced the maximum capacity of our open tour from 10 to 6 participants, to ensure there is plenty of room on deck for guests to keep their distance from one another.
- You will be expected (and reminded by your guide) to remain vigilant with your social distance throughout the tour.
- The yacht will be cleaned thoroughly after each tour, ensuring it is clean for the next one.
- There will be hand sanitiser available for your use.
- With the exception of using the bathroom which is located in the cabin, this is a small group outdoor activity.
- The food served on this tour is freshly prepared by one person under strict hygiene conditions and will be served to you outdoors. No other persons will be in contact with your food.
- All employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom free. If you or any other guests are experiencing symptoms, we will ensure you are able to reschedule or cancel your activity.
- If you still have concerns, perhaps a private tour is the best option for you? Contact us if you have further questions.