If you have ice skating experience and are completely fond of it, join us on our three-day Swedish Skating Trip! Each day we go skiing on the best natural ice!
- Adult From 18 years old
- Youth From 15 to 17 years old
JOIN US FOR A VERY SWEDISH WINTER ADVENTURE; SKATING ON NATURAL ICE!
If you’ve never tried ice skating before, then Stockholm is one of the best places to start! If you do have experience ice skating then you may rather take a look at ‘A Day on the Ice Guided Tour’. Join us for a very Swedish winter adventure; skating on natural ice. It’s such a thrilling sensation gliding over the ice amongst nature, and truly unique and unforgettable experience!
Your experienced guide will brief you on the tour and safety equipment before taking you to the day’s best ice in Stockholm’s outstandingly beautiful natural surroundings. This tour will focus on learning how to Nordic skate, enjoying the scenery and having lots of fun!
Your guide will coach you on the best techniques for gliding easily over the ice and there will be some fun practice exercises to perfect those techniques before setting off on your adventure!
You will ice skate for 3-4 hours on the beautiful natural ice of the Stockholm archipelago or one of Stockholm’s big lakes, before stopping for a well-earned picnic lunch. There will be hot drinks, an open fire and our classic outdoor lunch on offer. Oh, and good banter with your new skating buddies too! Once lunch is finished there will be more time to enjoy the ice with your renewed energy, before you head back to the city for a relaxing and cozy evening.
- Learn how to Nordic Skate or further your ice skating techniques.
- Experience the thrill of ice skating on natural ice.
- Ice skate either on a small lake, Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago.
- Spend the day surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
- Knowledgeable & experienced English-speaking guides.
- Top-quality equipment.
- Delicious Classic Outdoor Lunch around an open fire.
- Pick up & drop off from the city included.
- Small groups; minimum 2 participants / maximum of 10 participants per guide.
- We meet at 08:00 at our Adventure Café in the city centre.
- This Tour is designed for beginners or people who haven’t been skating in a while and need a refresher! If you are an experienced skater then take a look at our ‘A Day on the Ice Guided Tour’.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up to date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago – we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is, it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8kg.
- Guided language: English.
- We provide Skates, Boots, Backpacks (including Safety Equipment) – we use the best quality equipment on the market!
- Included meal: Classic outdoor lunch & open fire.
- Minimum age: 15 years old. ALL YOUTHS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
- The transport to the starting point will either be by private minivan or by public transport depending on the size of the group and the ice/weather conditions.
- When you book, you will receive a list of suggestions on how to dress for the day.
- If we do not meet the minimum number required for the tour, we will offer you an alternative date or tour, or a full refund.
- You will be expected (and reminded by your guide) to remain vigilant with your social distance throughout the tour.
- All equipment will be disinfected/steam cleaned after use, ensuring it is clean for the next tour.
- Your guide will have hand sanitiser with them for you to use upon request.
- With the exception of the transportation, this is a small group outdoor activity.
- You are encouraged to wear a face mask whilst being transported from our Adventure Cafe to the ice and back again.
- The food served on this tour is freshly prepared by one person under strict hygiene conditions, packed into your personal backpack prior to departure and will be eaten outdoors. No other persons will be in contact with your food.
- All employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom free. If you or any other guests are experiencing symptoms, we will ensure you are able to reschedule or cancel your activity.
- If you still have concerns, perhaps a private tour is the best option for you? Contact us if you have further questions.