Spend a night in the beautiful forest of Stockholm, where you have the opportunity to meet the “other” residents — our native wildlife!
- Adult From 18 years old
- Youth From 15 to 17 years old
- Private (up to 2 people) All Ages
SNOWSHOE IN STOCKHOLM’S BACKCOUNTRY
This adventure takes you into Stockholm’s backcountry, where you can enjoy being immersed in a Swedish winter wonderland! Snowshoe over frozen lakes, through snowy pine forests, and enjoy being amongst nature in this fairytale setting.
Once you have geared up and met your guide and group, you head out of the city and into the forest on your adventure. The wintery landscape is beautiful, and wild animals are never far away. Your guide helps you find footprints in the snow, which are fun to identify, and if you’re lucky, you may even see some heads looking out at you from behind the trees!
Our guides are all locals, and throughout the tour, they offer you insights into local customs, history, culture, and lifestyle.
After a few hours, you stop for lunch somewhere scenic for a well-earned picnic. There are hot drinks, an open fire and our classic outdoor lunch on offer.
We offer open/scheduled departures and private departures.
- Experience the breathtaking wild, rugged, wintery backcountry of Stockholm.
- Enjoy a very Swedish winter adventure.
- Track moose, deer and wild boar in the fresh snow.
- Learn about the flora, fauna and culture that exists in Sweden.
- Knowledgeable and friendly English-speaking guides.
- Small groups; minimum 2 participants / maximum 16 participants.
- Delicious classic outdoor lunch around an open fire.
- Pick-up and drop-off from the city included.
- Free of charge photo-memories of the tour made by the guides.
- 08:00 departure.
- We provide snowshoes, boots, poles, seat mats, down vests, classic outdoor lunch, transport from central Stockholm to/from the backcountry.
- We always strive to find the best snow on the day of your tour. Due to weather and snow conditions always changing, the location of our adventure and the touring conditions may vary from day to day. Should there be no snow, we will find a suitable alternative adventure for you.
- Undoubtedly, the best winter activity on offer in Stockholm is ice skating! We have some of the best ice in the world! Why not take a look at our Introduction to Ice Skating Tour or our Day on the Ice Guided Tour?
- Included meal: classic outdoor lunch and open fire.
- Minimum age (open tour only): 15 years old. ALL YOUTHS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
- No minimum age for private tours.
- If we do not meet the minimum number required for the tour, we will offer you an alternative date or tour, or a full refund.