Enjoy a day on the ice without having to prepare anything. Just on the outskirts of the city is a nature lovers’ paradise!
SWEDISH SKATING ADVENTURE
- Public 3 Day Swedish Skating Adventure
- Adult (Per person) From 18 years old
- Private Skating Adventures
- Ice Skating Day Tour All Ages
- 2 Days Starting Price All Ages
- 3 Days Starting Price All Ages
Join Us On Our Multi-Day Swedish Skating Adventure
If you have experience ice skating and you absolutely love it, then join us on our three-day Swedish Skating Adventure! We skate on the best natural ice each day, in an area of approximately 350 km around Stockholm. Within this area are three of Europe’s five largest lakes (Vänern, Vättern and Mälaren) and Stockholm’s archipelago in the Baltic sea.
- Thursday – arrival day and you can choose to stay at:
- The Radisson Arlandia Hotel at Arlanda Airport – This is a good option if you are arriving late in Stockholm.
- The Royal Viking Hotel in the city – This is a good option if you are arriving early in Stockholm and would like to see some of the city.
- Friday morning – we pick you up early (from your arrival hotel) for a full day ice skating. That night you stay in a first-class country-style guesthouse on the route.
- Saturday – full day ice skating and another night in a first-class country-style guesthouse on the route.
- Sunday – full day ice skating then drop off either at the airport or in the city. If you are leaving the day the tour ends, please do not book a flight before 19:00 (if in doubt, please ask us).
Should you wish to stay in Stockholm longer, please select extra nights (pre tour or post tour) when making your booking.
- Thursday – arrival day and you can choose to stay at:
Before you head off in search of adventure, your experienced guide briefs you on the tour and the safety equipment, and once you are fitted with your nordic skates and equipment, you head to the best ice and the most beautiful surroundings that Stockholm has to offer.
You are split into subgroups, each with an expert guide, to ensure you are skating alongside people of a similar ability and with similar expectations. You skate all day with your subgroup, but meet the rest of the group for lunch and in the evenings at the hotels and guesthouses.
Depending on the weather, ice conditions and the skills of your subgroup, you can cover anything between 20 and 80 km per day.
The days are full of beautiful scenery, some of the best natural ice and skating conditions for nordic skating in the world, and lots of fun and exhilaration as you get to know your fellow ice skaters. The evenings promise to be just as enjoyable as the days, with good food, fun chatter about the day’s activities and the chance to relax in the sauna and at the bar. We stay in first-class country-style hotels and guesthouses that are high in quality, charm and character.
We offer open/scheduled departures and private departures.
We have 3 weekends set for our open/scheduled Swedish Skating Adventure 2023:
- 26 January arrival, ice skating 27, 28 and 29 January 2023
- 2 February arrival, ice skating 3, 4, 5 February 2023
- 9 February arrival, ice skating 10, 11, 12 February 2023
- Experience the thrill of long-distance ice skating on natural ice.
- Ice skate either on a small lake, Lake Mälaren (the fifth-largest lake in Europe) or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago.
- Spend a few days surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
- Knowledgeable and experienced English-speaking guides.
- Top-quality equipment.
- Small groups; minimum 2 participants / max. 10 participants per guide.
- Stay in first-class country-style hotels, guesthouses and castles (often with saunas).
- Delicious meals included.
- Transport throughout the entire adventure.
- Free of charge photo-memories of your tour made by your guide.
- You should have experience ice skating and be physically able to skate for approximately 6 – 8 hours a day if you want to join this tour.
- If you are an inexperienced skater, you should either take a look at our Introduction to Ice Skating Day Tour or our two and three-day Private Swedish Skating Adventures.
- We start skating early every day so we can make the most of the daylight hours.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up-to-date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the fifth-largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago – we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8 kg.
- Guided language: English.
- Price for 3 days:
- Arrival night at Arlanda Airport– 10390 SEK pp (based on 2 adults sharing a double room), 12290 SEK pp (single room)
- Arrival night at The Royal Viking– 11490 SEK pp (based on 2 adults sharing a double room), 13390 SEK pp (single room)
- There is no triple room option.
- You must be a party of two to book a double room.
- If you are a single traveller, you must book a single room.
- Meals included, except for arrival day and dinner on departure day.
- Minimum age (public tour only): 18 years old.
- No minimum age on private tours.
- Maximum weight: 130 kg.
- If we do not meet the minimum number required for the tour, we will offer you an alternative date or tour, or a full refund.
It’s always the ice, the weather conditions and the participants in the group that set the pace. The time estimates depend on what tour option you have chosen:
An Introduction to Ice Skating Tour: 5 – 30 km
A Day on the Ice Guided Tour: 20 – 70 km
Skate with Friends – Private Ice Skating Tour: you set the pace
Swedish Skating Adventures: 30 – 70 km (we split into smaller groups to fulfill different riding requirements)
We offer ice skating on natural ice and skate in the archipelago as much as possible, but as the weather is always changing, we prefer to take our groups to the best ice in the area. This means that we sometimes need to prioritize skating on lakes in the area.
Yes, you can, as long as you are able to take the actual skate blade off and walk with your boots. If in doubt, please contact us. There is no price difference if you bring your own skates. You are not allowed to use hockey or figure skates on our open tours (you can, of course, book with us for a private guided tour and use your hockey or figure skates). Below you can see the boots with rubber sole and skates with Rottefella bindings from Lundhags that we use for our tours and rentals.
No. To ensure our customers’ safety, we always use our own equipment. Everything is packed and ready for you when you arrive to start your tour. You can choose to use your own Nordic/tour/trip skates as long as you are able to take the actual skate off and walk with your boots. If in doubt, please contact us. There is no price difference if you bring your own skates.
We receive this question even from people living in Stockholm. We are out skating nearly every day and feel very confident that we can find ice to skate on thanks to our local knowledge and an extensive network of sources we trust. Follow and “like” our Facebook page and you will see photos and videos of our latest tours.
It is the original three-day weekend skating adventure which started in 1997. We have the most experienced and friendliest skating guides. All skating and safety gear are included. Our deluxe bus is always with us so that we can skate with the wind. We stay at 3 to 4-star first-class country-style hotels with character, serving superb two meal dinners.
When you have booked, you will receive a PDF document with suggestions on how to dress for a winter activity. You also need to bring a thermos and a down vest (or likewise) to use during our outdoor lunch breaks.
On our weekend tours, we always skate for three days, Friday – Sunday. We have different hotel options for you to choose between for the first night, Thursday to Friday. The most commonly booked hotels are the Radisson BLU Arlandia hotel located at Arlanda airport, and Radisson BLU Royal Viking hotel located in central Stockholm. If neither of these options works for you, you can choose to book your own hotel for the first night.
You choose the hotel you prefer and make your own way there. We do not provide pick-up from the airport. We offer single and double rooms with separate beds.
Please note that it does not work to fly into Stockholm on Friday morning. If you want to join the tour, you need to come on Thursday. The remaining two hotel nights are arranged for you.