Enjoy a day on the ice without having to prepare anything. Just on the outskirts of the city is a nature lovers’ paradise!
- Public 3 Day Swedish Skating Adventure
- Adult (Per person) From 18 years old
- Private Skating Adventures
- Ice Skating Day Tour All Ages
- 2 Days Starting Price All Ages
- 3 Days Starting Price All Ages
Join Us On Our Multi-Day Swedish Skating Adventure
If you have experience ice skating and you absolutely love it, then join us on our three-day Swedish Skating Adventure! We skate on the best natural ice each day, in an area of approximately 350 km around Stockholm. Within this area are three of Europe’s five largest lakes (Vänern, Vättern and Mälaren) and Stockholm’s archipelago in the Baltic sea.
- Thursday – arrival day and you can choose to stay at:
- The Radisson Arlandia Hotel at Arlanda Airport – This is a good option if you are arriving late in Stockholm.
- The Royal Viking Hotel in the city – This is a good option if you are arriving early in Stockholm and would like to see some of the city.
- Friday morning – we pick you up early (from your arrival hotel) for a full day ice skating. That night you stay in a first-class country-style guesthouse on the route.
- Saturday – full day ice skating and another night in a first-class country-style guesthouse on the route.
- Sunday – full day ice skating then drop off either at the airport or in the city. If you are leaving the day the tour ends, please do not book a flight before 19:00 (if in doubt, please ask us).
Should you wish to stay in Stockholm longer, please select extra nights (pre tour or post tour) when making your booking.
- Thursday – arrival day and you can choose to stay at:
Before you head off in search of adventure, your experienced guide briefs you on the tour and the safety equipment, and once you are fitted with your nordic skates and equipment, you head to the best ice and the most beautiful surroundings that Stockholm has to offer.
You are split into subgroups, each with an expert guide, to ensure you are skating alongside people of a similar ability and with similar expectations. You skate all day with your subgroup, but meet the rest of the group for lunch and in the evenings at the hotels and guesthouses.
Depending on the weather, ice conditions and the skills of your subgroup, you can cover anything between 20 and 80 km per day.
The days are full of beautiful scenery, some of the best natural ice and skating conditions for nordic skating in the world, and lots of fun and exhilaration as you get to know your fellow ice skaters. The evenings promise to be just as enjoyable as the days, with good food, fun chatter about the day’s activities and the chance to relax in the sauna and at the bar. We stay in first-class country-style hotels and guesthouses that are high in quality, charm and character.
We offer open/scheduled departures and private departures.
We have 3 weekends set for our open/scheduled Swedish Skating Adventure 2021:
- 28 January arrival, ice skating 29, 30 and 31 January 2021
- 4 February arrival, ice skating 5, 6, 7 February 2021
- 11 February arrival, ice skating 12, 13, 14 February 2021
- Experience the thrill of long-distance ice skating on natural ice.
- Ice skate either on a small lake, Lake Mälaren (the fifth-largest lake in Europe) or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago.
- Spend a few days surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
- Knowledgeable and experienced English-speaking guides.
- Top-quality equipment.
- Small groups; minimum 2 participants / max. 10 participants per guide.
- Stay in first-class country-style hotels, guesthouses and castles (often with saunas).
- Delicious meals included.
- Transport throughout the entire adventure.
- You should have experience ice skating and be physically able to skate for approximately 6 – 8 hours a day if you want to join this tour.
- If you are an inexperienced skater, you should either take a look at our Introduction to Ice Skating Day Tour or our two and three-day Private Swedish Skating Adventures.
- We start skating early every day so we can make the most of the daylight hours.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up-to-date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the fifth-largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago – we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8 kg.
- Guided language: English.
- Price for 3 days:
- Arrival night at Arlanda Airport– 10390 SEK pp (based on 2 adults sharing a double room), 12290 SEK pp (single room)
- Arrival night at The Royal Viking– 11490 SEK pp (based on 2 adults sharing a double room), 13390 SEK pp (single room)
- There is no triple room option.
- You must be a party of two to book a double room.
- If you are a single traveller, you must book a single room.
- Meals included, except for arrival day and dinner on departure day.
- Minimum age (public tour only): 18 years old.
- No minimum age on private tours.
- Maximum weight: 130 kg.
- If we do not meet the minimum number required for the tour, we will offer you an alternative date or tour, or a full refund.
- You will be expected (and reminded by your guide) to remain vigilant with your social distance throughout the tour.
- All equipment will be disinfected/steam cleaned after use, ensuring it is clean for the next tour.
- Your guide will have hand sanitiser with them for you to use upon request.
- With the exception of the transportation and guesthouse/hotel stays, this is an outdoor activity.
- You are encouraged to wear a face mask whilst being transported to the ice and back again.
- All the food served on this tour is freshly prepared under strict hygiene conditions.
- All employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom free. If you or any other guests are experiencing symptoms, we will ensure you are able to reschedule or cancel your activity.
- If you still have concerns, perhaps a private tour is the best option for you? Contact us if you have further questions.