Just outside the city is a haven for nature lovers! There are hikes available to suit everybody, ranging from a few hours to a whole day!
- Adult From 18 years old
- Youth From 10 to 17 years old
- Private (up to 4 people) All Ages
JOIN US ON AN EVENING WILDLIFE SAFARI!
Spend an evening in Stockholm’s beautiful forest, where you have the chance to meet the “other” locals — our resident wildlife! This safari includes a traditional Swedish midsummer meal.
In Stockholm, as is always the case in Sweden, nature is never far away. Just beyond the city limits are extensive lush forests and plenty of farming and agricultural land that are inhabited by a vast array of wildlife. Here, moose, deer, foxes, hares and wild boar roam undisturbed. Our Wildlife Safari runs during dusk, which is an optimal time to go in search of animals, and in particular, the “Kings of the Forest” (moose) who usually roam at sundown to graze and search for water.
Your guide welcomes you on board our small and comfortable minivan before heading out of the city and into one of Stockholm’s most wildlife-rich areas. Once out in nature and before starting the safari proper, get to know your safari companions and enjoy a traditional Swedish midsummer meal at an outdoor camp. Your knowledgeable guide takes this time to explain more about the habitat surrounding you and the animals that inhabit it.
You then navigate through rural landscapes characterised by traditional red cottages, classic manor houses, majestic forests and historical rune stones from the Viking age, searching for wildlife. We do so by van so as to cover a greater distance and increase your chances of spotting wildlife; we usually see at least three out of five of the animals mentioned, if not all five! Once the sun has set, you return to the city.
We offer open/scheduled departures and private departures.
- Explore beautiful rural landscapes.
- See a variety of indigenous Swedish wildlife.
- The chance to spot moose!
- English-speaking wildlife guide.
- Small groups; minimum 2 participants / maximum 8 participants.
- Taste a delicious traditional Swedish midsummer meal.
Our traditional Swedish midsummer meal consists of three different herrings, freshly boiled potatoes, meatballs, sausages, boiled eggs with Kalles Kaviar and hard crispy bread with Västerbotten Cheese. We enjoy fresh berries for dessert and have lingonberry and elderflower soft drinks.
- We provide binoculars and transport by private minivan.
- This is a van based activity.
- You should bring clothing for being outdoors in the evening.
- The tour will take place in all weathers unless the guide believes it to be unsafe. Please dress appropriately.
- Included meal: traditional Swedish midsummer meal.
- Minimum age (open tour only): 10 years old. ALL YOUTHS SHOULD BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
- No minimum age for private tours.
- If we do not meet the minimum number required for the tour, we will offer you an alternative date or tour, or a full refund.
- We have reduced the maximum capacity of our open tour from 8 to 5 participants, to ensure the middle seat of the van is empty as we drive to/from the nature reserve and search for wildlife.
- You will be expected (and reminded by your guide) to remain vigilant with your social distance throughout the tour.
- Please note, this is a van based activity.
- The binoculars are disinfected after use, ensuring they are clean for the next tour.
- Your guide will have hand sanitiser with them for you to use upon request.
- The food served on this tour is freshly prepared by one person under strict hygiene conditions and will be served to you outdoors. No other persons will be in contact with your food.
- All employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom free. If you or any other guests are experiencing symptoms, we will ensure you are able to reschedule or cancel your activity.
- If you still have concerns, perhaps a private tour is the best option for you? Contact us if you have further questions.