Just outside the city is a haven for nature lovers! There are hikes available to suit everybody, ranging from a few hours to a whole day!
- Adult From 18 years old
- Youth From 10 to 17 years old
- Private (up to 4 people) All Ages
JOIN US ON AN EVENING WILDLIFE SAFARI!
Spend an evening in Stockholm’s beautiful forest, where you have the chance to meet the “other” locals — our resident wildlife! This safari includes a traditional Swedish midsummer meal.
In Stockholm, as is always the case in Sweden, nature is never far away. Just beyond the city limits are extensive lush forests and plenty of farming and agricultural land that are inhabited by a vast array of wildlife. Here, moose, deer, foxes, hares and wild boar roam undisturbed. Our Wildlife Safari runs during dusk, which is an optimal time to go in search of animals, and in particular, the “Kings of the Forest” (moose) who usually roam at sundown to graze and search for water.
Your guide welcomes you on board our small and comfortable minivan before heading out of the city and into one of Stockholm’s most wildlife-rich areas. Once out in nature and before starting the safari proper, get to know your safari companions and enjoy a traditional Swedish midsummer meal at an outdoor camp. Your knowledgeable guide takes this time to explain more about the habitat surrounding you and the animals that inhabit it.
You then navigate through rural landscapes characterised by traditional red cottages, classic manor houses, majestic forests and historical rune stones from the Viking age, searching for wildlife. We do so by van so as to cover a greater distance and increase your chances of spotting wildlife; we usually see at least three out of five of the animals mentioned, if not all five! Once the sun has set, you return to the city.
- Explore beautiful rural landscapes.
- See a variety of indigenous Swedish wildlife.
- The chance to spot moose!
- English-speaking wildlife guide.
- Small groups, maximum 8 participants.
- Taste a delicious traditional Swedish midsummer meal.
Our traditional Swedish midsummer meal consists of three different herrings, freshly boiled potatoes, meatballs, sausages, boiled eggs with Kalles Kaviar and hard crispy bread with Västerbotten Cheese. We enjoy fresh berries for dessert and have lingonberry and elderflower soft drinks.
- We provide binoculars, transport by private minivan.
- You should bring clothing for being outdoors in the evening.
- Included meal: traditional Swedish midsummer meal.
- Minimum age: 10 years old. ALL YOUTHS SHOULD BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.