Enjoy a Day Paddling in the Serene Stockholm Archipelago
*Price: 1690 SEK per person*
*Available May – October*
If there is something you should not miss whilst in Stockholm, it’s kayaking in the archipelago! Just moments out of the city the archipelago begins, with almost 30,000 islands it’s one of the most unique areas in Europe.
- Paddle the incredible, world-renowned Stockholm Archipelago
- Marvel at the abundance of flora & fauna amongst the maze of islands
- Enjoy a delicious, freshly prepared lunch on a private island
- Cliff jump & take a refreshing swim in the Baltic Sea
- Use our easy to handle Prijon Kayaks
- Small groups
- Qualified, experienced kayak guides
- Includes pick up & drop off in the city centre
You will meet your guide and group at Our Adventure Café and set off in our comfortable minivan on a short drive out to the archipelago proper. All our kayak guides are local, qualified and experienced, so once you are geared up they will take time to run through some basic paddling techniques and safety information with you before you set off on a beautiful journey of discovery!
The wildlife, rugged scenery and serenity of the paddle will blow you away! It really is a very special place and there’s no better way to enjoy it than in a kayak. Some of the islands will be big enough to house a village, some just a single homestead and others so small they have room for only one tree on them! There will be towering cliffs, narrow passage ways, plenty of forest and wildlife in abundance! The wildlife and nature is astonishing! Moose, Roe Deer, Fallow Deer and Red Foxes live on the larger islands and during the summer months they swim between them. White-tailed/Sea eagles, Canadian Geese, Eider, Loons, Arctic Terns, Ospreys, Great Cormorants and other migratory birds can be seen all summer out in the archipelago. You may even get lucky and see grey seals out fishing in the waters!
You will stop on the sunniest and most sheltered island for a delicious and freshly prepared lunch, where you are welcome to swim and sunbathe should you wish. Our guides try to stop for lunch on a new island everyday so that we keep our impact on the nature to a minimum. With so much protection from the open sea we can always find somewhere sheltered to stop, even if it is windy. Our guides get weather updates daily and will change the route of the tour depending on the weather forecast.
Once lunch has been enjoyed and you’re ready to get going again, you’ll continue to paddle around the islands spotting wildlife and exploring further before heading back to the minivan where you’ll pack up and head back into the city.
Good to know
- 09:00 departure. Please arrive 10 minutes before departure.
- Our day tours have an easy tempo to suit all abilities. Many persons who paddle with us have no previous experience, and the techniques are easy to learn.
- You should be able to swim at least 200m to join this tour.
- We carry all our food and drinking water with us in the kayaks.
- There are no toilets on the islands we visit.
- The tour will take place in all weathers unless the guide believes it to be unsafe. Please dress appropriately.
Would you like to be kayaking for more than just a day? Here are the dates for our Multi Day Kayak Tours 2019:
- 2 days – 4-5 July
- 3 days – 14-16 July
- 2 days – 29-30 July
- 2 days – 12-13 August
- 3 days – 29-31 August
Book directly with us
- INSTANT CONFIRMATION!
- NO booking fees.
- NO cancellation fees (cancel up to 24h in advance for a full refund).
See our full list of reasons to book directly with us, click here.