Enjoy 2 Days Kayaking in the Stockholm Archipelago with 1 night Wild Camping
*Price: 3890 SEK per person*
*May – August, see below for dates*
If you’re looking for adventure then you’re in the right place! Just moments out of the city the archipelago begins, with almost 30,000 islands it’s one of the most unique areas in Europe. It offers great paddling conditions and plenty of opportunity to spot wildlife. Why not take an overnight trip and make the most of the long days and beautiful scenery, enjoy some delicious Swedish meals and find your own island to make your home for the evening.
- Marvelous nature in a maze of 30000 islands in the Stockholm Archipelago
- Easy to handle kayaks suitable for beginners
- Camp on your own deserted island with a morning swim just outside your tent
- Qualified English-speaking kayak guide
- Small groups, max 8 participants
- Delicious food included
You will meet your guide and group at Our Adventure Café and set off in our comfortable minivan on a short drive out to the archipelago proper. All our kayak guides are local, qualified and experienced, so once you are geared up they will take time to run through some basic paddling techniques and safety information with you before you set off on a beautiful journey of discovery!
Having yourself a few days out in the archipelago will give you plenty of opportunity to perfect your paddling technique, however, it’s not all about paddling. The wildlife, rugged scenery and serenity of kayaking in the archipelago will blow you away! It really is a very special place and there’s no better way to enjoy it than in a kayak. Some of the islands will be big enough to house a village, some just a single homestead and others so small they have room for only one tree on them! There will be towering cliffs, narrow passage ways, plenty of forest and wildlife in abundance! The wildlife and nature is astonishing! Moose, Roe Deer, Fallow Deer and Red Foxes live on the larger islands and during the summer months they swim between them. White-tailed/Sea eagles, Canadian Geese, Eider, Loons, Arctic Terns, Ospreys, Great Cormorants and other migratory birds can be seen all summer out in the archipelago. You may even get lucky and see grey seals out fishing in the waters!
Your local expert guide has a wealth of knowledge on the surrounding flora and fauna, and the history of Stockholm, so there will be plenty to learn and discuss as you go. You will also be able to take a swim, do some fishing (maybe even catch something for dinner!) and enjoy a quieter pace of life with your fellow kayakers.
The tours do not follow a fixed route, your guide will be flexible and pick the best route taking into consideration the weather, and the needs, desires and abilities of the group. You will often paddle to the outer “Skerries”, a true wilderness, and camp (in comfortable two-man tents) on uninhabited and remote islands, which are frequented by only a few people. If you have always dreamed of sleeping under the stars, this is your time! The night sky is truly remarkable when darkness finally falls. Our guides endeavor to lunch and camp on a new island each time they take multiday tours out into the archipelago, so as to keep our impact on the nature to a minimum.
Delicious typical Swedish meals are freshly prepared, and cooked on outdoor stoves for you whilst on your kayaking trip.
On the last day, you will arrive back to the city in the late afternoon.
Good to know
- 09:00 departure.
- The minimum age is 16 years old and ALL YOUTH’S MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
- You do not need any previous kayaking experience or much ‘muscle-power’ to enjoy this kayaking tour, although some experience of outdoor life may come in handy.
- Many persons who paddle with us have no previous experience, and the techniques are easy to learn. Safety is our number 1 priority, so your guide will make sure that everyone is at ease and knows how to deal with the wind and the waves before crossing open stretches.
- You should be able to swim to join this tour.
- We carry all our food and drinking water with us in the kayaks.
- There are no toilets on the islands we visit.
- We use comfortable two-man tents, however, you can upgrade to have your own tent for an additional 400 SEK. This will be an option when booking.
- 2 days – 26-27 May
- 2 days – 4-5 July
- 3 days – 14-16 July
- 2 days – 29-30 July
- 2 days – 12-13 August
- 3 days – 29-31 August
Book directly with us
- NO hidden extras.
- NO booking fees.
- NO credit card fees.
- NO cancellation fees for cancellations of day tours up to 24 hours prior to departure.
- NO cancellation fees for cancellations of multiday tours up to 7 days prior to departure.
See our full list of reasons to book directly with us, click here.