Nordic Skating on Natural Ice Multi Day Tour
*For regular ice skating updates, visit our Facebook page, click here!*
If you have experience ice skating and you absolutely love it, then join us on our 3 Day Swedish Skating Adventure! We will skate on the best natural ice each day; in an area of approximately 350 km around Stockholm. Within this area are 3 of Europe’s 5 largest lakes (Vänern, Vättern and Mälaren) and Stockholm’s archipelago in the Baltic sea.
- Further your Ice Skating techniques
- Experience the thrill of ice skating on natural ice
- Ice Skate either on a small lake, Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago
- Spend a few days surrounded by breathtaking scenery
- Knowledgeable & experienced English-speaking guides
- Top quality equipment
- Small groups, max 10 participants per guide
- Stay in First Class Country Style Hotels, Guesthouses & Castles (often with saunas)
- Delicious meals included
- Transport throughout the entire adventure
- Thursday – is an arrival day and you can choose to either stay at:
- The Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel at Arlanda Airport – This is a good option if you are arriving late to Stockholm.
- The Royal Viking Hotel in the city – This is a good option if you are arriving early to Stockholm and would like to see some of the city.
- Friday morning – we will pick you up early (from your arrival hotel) for a full day ice skating. That night you will stay in a first class country style guesthouse on route.
- Saturday – full day ice skating and another night in a first class country style guesthouse on route.
- Sunday – full day ice skating then drop off either at the airport or in the city. If you are leaving the day the tour ends, please do not book a flight before 19:00 (if in doubt please ask us).
Should you wish to stay longer, please select extra nights when making your booking.
- 3 days – 30 January (arrival day), 31 January – 03 February Skating
- 3 days – 6 February (arrival day), 7-9 February Skating
- 3 days – 13 February (arrival day), 14-16 February Skating
- 3 days – 20 February (arrival day), 21-23 February Skating
- 3 days – 27 February (arrival day), 28 February – 1 March Skating
Before you head off in search of adventure your experienced guide will brief you on the tour and the safety equipment and once you are fitted with your nordic skates and equipment, you will head to the best ice and the most beautiful surroundings that Stockholm has to offer.
You will be split into sub groups, each with an expert guide, to ensure you are skating alongside people of a similar ability and with similar expectations. You will skate all day with your sub group, but meet the rest of the group in the evenings at the hotels and guesthouses.
Depending on the weather, ice conditions and the skills of your sub group, you will cover anything between 20 and 80 km per day.
The days will be full of beautiful scenery, some of the best natural ice and skating conditions for nordic skating in the world, and lots of fun and exhileration as you get to know your fellow ice skaters. The evenings promise to be just as enjoyable as the days, with good food, fun chatter about the days activities and the chance to relax in the sauna and at the bar. We stay in first class country style hotels and guesthouses that are high in quality, charm and character.
Good to Know
- You should have experience Ice Skating and be physically able to skate for approximately 6-8 hours a day if you want to join this tour.
- If you are an inexperienced skater but want to go out skating for a few days with us, you should book a PRIVATE Swedish Skating Adventure.
- We start skating early every day so we can make the most of the daylight hours.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up to date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago – we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is, it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8kg.
- Price for 3 days:
- Arrival night at Arlanda Airport hotel – 9790 SEK pp (based on 2 adults sharing a double room), 11 590 SEK pp (single room)
- Arrival night at The Royal Viking hotel – 10 790 SEK pp (based on 2 adults sharing a double room), 12 590 SEK pp (single room)
- You must be a party of 2 to book a double room.
- If you are a single traveller, you must book a single room.
- There is no triple room option.
- If 3 days is just a little too long for you, then we can organise a ‘2 Day Swedish Skating Adventure’ on a ‘private’ basis for you.
THIS IS OUR MOST POPULAR WINTER TOUR, WITH ALMOST 60% OF OUR GUESTS BEING REPEAT CLIENTS! SO IF YOU ARE KEEN TO JOIN US, DON’T HESITATE, BOOK TODAY!
Book directly with us
- INSTANT CONFIRMATION!
- NO booking fees.
- NO cancellation fees (cancel up to 7 days in advance for a full refund).
See our full list of reasons to book directly with us, click here.