Nordic Skating on Natural Ice
*Price: Adult 1990 SEK / Youth 995 SEK*
*29 December 2018 – 09 March 2019*
For those of you with previous experience of ice skating either on natural ice, ovals, rinks, inline skating or cross country skiing “skating style”, or for those of you who are used to sporty outdoor activities, this is the perfect winter day tour for you! If you’re not experienced or need a refresher, take a look at our ‘Introduction to Ice Skating Tour’.
It’s such a thrilling sensation gliding over the ice, and the natural ice we have in and around Stockholm is some of the best in the world! This day tour will be a truly unique experience – one that you will never forget!
- Further your Ice Skating techniques
- Experience the thrill of Ice Skating on natural ice
- Ice Skate either on a small lake, Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago
- Spend the day surrounded by breathtaking scenery
- Knowledgeable & experienced English-speaking guides
- Top quality equipment
- Small groups, max 10 participants
- Delicious Classic Outdoor Lunch around an open fire
- Pick up & drop off from the city included
Your expert nordic skating guide will brief you on the tour and the safety equipment first off, then once you are fitted with your nordic skates and equipment, you’ll set off to the best ice and the most beautiful surroundings that Stockholm has to offer, in search of adventure! Depending on the weather, ice conditions and the skills of the group, you will cover anything between 10 – 70 km.
Your guide will be happy to offer tips and coaching in order to perfect the ice skating skills you already possess, so that you evolve as a Nordic Skater and get a sense of achievement throughout the day.
You will ice skate for 3-4 hours on the beautiful natural ice of the Stockholm archipelago or one of Stockholm’s big lakes, before stopping for a well-earned picnic lunch. There will be hot drinks, an open fire and our classic outdoor lunch on offer. Oh, and good banter with your new skating buddies too! Once lunch is finished there will be plenty more time to enjoy the ice with your renewed energy, before you head back to the city for a relaxing and cosy evening.
If one day ice skating doesn’t sound long enough for you, take a look at our ‘3 Day Swedish Skating Adventure’!
Good to Know
- 08:00 departure.
- The minimum age is 15 years old and ALL YOUTH’S MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
- This Tour is designed for people with some experience Ice Skating. If you are a beginner or need a refresher, take a look at our ‘An Introduction to Ice Skating Tour’.
- If a day doesn’t seem long enough, why not join us on our ‘3 Day Swedish Skating Adventure’?
- We always strive to find the best natural ice on the day of your tour. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago – we won’t know until that day. We skate on all types of natural ice; from hard black ice, to ice with water or snow on top. One thing we do know for sure, is it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8kg.
- The tour will take place in all weathers unless the guide believes it to be unsafe. Please dress appropriately.
Book directly with us
- INSTANT CONFIRMATION!
- NO booking fees.
- NO cancellation fees (cancel up to 24h in advance for a full refund).
See our full list of reasons to book directly with us, click here.