Nordic Skating on Natural Ice
*Price: 1990 SEK per person*
*27 December 2019 – 15 March 2020*
For those of you with previous experience of ice skating either on natural ice, ovals, rinks, inline skating or cross country skiing “skating style”, this is the perfect winter day tour for you! If you’re not experienced or need a refresher, take a look at our ‘Introduction to Ice Skating Tour’.
It’s such a thrilling sensation gliding over the ice, and the natural ice here in and around Stockholm is some of the best in the world! This day tour will be a truly unique and unforgettable experience!
- Further your Ice Skating techniques
- Experience the thrill of Ice Skating on natural ice
- Ice Skate either on a small lake, Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago
- Spend the day surrounded by breathtaking scenery
- Knowledgeable & experienced English-speaking guides
- Top quality equipment
- Small groups, max 10 participants
- Delicious Classic Outdoor Lunch around an open fire
- Pick up & drop off from the city included
Your experienced guide will brief you on the tour and safety equipment before taking you to the day’s best ice in Stockholm’s outstandingly beautiful natural surroundings. This tour will take a fairly high tempo and focus on ice skating a good distance. Depending on the weather and ice conditions your group could cover up to 70km during the day.
Your guide will be happy to offer tips and coaching in order to perfect the ice skating skills you already possess, so that you evolve as a Nordic Skater and get a sense of achievement throughout the day.
You will ice skate for 3-4 hours on the beautiful natural ice of the Stockholm archipelago or one of Stockholm’s big lakes, before stopping for a well-earned picnic lunch. There will be hot drinks, an open fire and our classic outdoor lunch on offer. Oh, and good banter with your new skating buddies too! Once lunch is finished there will be plenty more time to enjoy the ice with your renewed energy, before you head back to the city for a relaxing and cosy evening.
If one day ice skating doesn’t sound long enough for you, take a look at our ‘3 Day Swedish Skating Adventure’!
Good to Know
- 08:00 departure.
- The minimum age is 18 years old.
- This Tour is designed for people with some experience Ice Skating. If you are a beginner or need a refresher, take a look at our ‘An Introduction to Ice Skating Tour’.
- If a day doesn’t seem long enough, why not join us on our ‘3 Day Swedish Skating Adventure’.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up to date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago – we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is, it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8kg.
- The tour will take place in all weathers unless the guide believes it to be unsafe. Please dress appropriately.
Book directly with us
- INSTANT CONFIRMATION!
- NO booking fees.
- NO cancellation fees (cancel up to 24h in advance for a full refund).
See our full list of reasons to book directly with us, click here.