Nordic Skating on Natural Ice – Anyone can do it!
*Price: Adult 1590 SEK / Youth 990 SEK*
*28 December 2019 – 15 March 2020*
If you’ve never tried ice skating before, then Stockholm is one of the best places to start! If you do have experience ice skating then you may rather take a look at ‘A Day on the Ice Guided Tour’. Join us for a very Swedish winter adventure; skating on natural ice. It’s such a thrilling sensation gliding over the ice amongst the nature, and a truly unique and unforgettable experience!
- Learn how to Nordic Skate or further your ice skating techniques
- Experience the thrill of ice skating on natural ice
- Ice skate either on a small lake, Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago
- Spend the day surrounded by breathtaking scenery
- Knowledgeable & experienced English-speaking guides
- Top quality equipment
- Small groups, max 10 participants
- Delicious Classic Outdoor Lunch around an open fire
- Pick up & drop off from the city included
Your experienced guide will brief you on the tour and safety equipment before taking you to the day’s best ice in Stockholm’s outstandingly beautiful natural surroundings. This tour will focus on learning how to Nordic skate, enjoying the scenery and having lots of fun!
Your guide will coach you on the best techniques for gliding easily over the ice and there will be some fun practice exercises to perfect those techniques before setting off on your adventure!
You will ice skate for 3-4 hours on the beautiful natural ice of the Stockholm archipelago or one of Stockholm’s big lakes, before stopping for a well-earned picnic lunch. There will be hot drinks, an open fire and our classic outdoor lunch on offer. Oh, and good banter with your new skating buddies too! Once lunch is finished there will be more time to enjoy the ice with your renewed energy, before you head back to the city for a relaxing and cosy evening.
Good to Know
- 08:00 departure.
- The minimum age is 15 years old and ALL YOUTH’S MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
- This Tour is designed for beginners, or people who haven’t been skating in a while and need a refresher! If you have some experience ice skating then take a look at our ‘A Day on the Ice Guided Tour’.
- We plan every ice skating tour carefully with our expert local knowledge and the most up to date ice reports to ensure we skate on the best natural ice for the day. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago – we won’t know until that day. One thing we do know for sure is, it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8kg.
- The tour will take place in all weathers unless the guide believes it to be unsafe. Please dress appropriately.
Book directly with us
- INSTANT CONFIRMATION!
- NO booking fees.
- NO cancellation fees (cancel up to 24h in advance for a full refund).
See our full list of reasons to book directly with us, click here.