Nordic Skating on Natural Ice – Anyone can do it!
*Price: Adult 1590 SEK / Youth 795 SEK*
*27 December 2019 – 15 March 2020*
Don’t worry if you’ve never tried ice skating before or if you’re in need of a refresher, this tour is perfect for you! But, if you do have experience ice skating then you may rather take a look at ‘A Day on the Ice Guided Tour’.
Come and join us for a very Swedish winter adventure; skating on natural ice in and around Stockholm. Our expert guides are all extremely experienced nordic skaters and wild skating guides, so you really couldn’t be in more capable hands! It’s such a thrilling sensation gliding over the ice, and a truly unique experience – one that you will never forget!
- Learn how to Nordic Skate or further your ice skating techniques
- Experience the thrill of ice skating on natural ice
- Ice skate either on a small lake, Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago
- Spend the day surrounded by breathtaking scenery
- Knowledgeable & experienced English-speaking guides
- Top quality equipment
- Small groups, max 10 participants
- Delicious Classic Outdoor Lunch around an open fire
- Pick up & drop off from the city included
Your experienced guide will brief you on the tour and the safety equipment first off, then once you are fitted with your nordic skates and equipment, you will head out to the best ice and the most beautiful surroundings that Stockholm has to offer.
Your guide will coach you on the best techniques for gliding easily over the ice and there will be some fun practice exercises to perfect those techniques before setting off on your adventure!
You will ice skate for 3-4 hours on the beautiful natural ice of the Stockholm archipelago or one of Stockholm’s big lakes, before stopping for a well-earned picnic lunch. There will be hot drinks, an open fire and our classic outdoor lunch on offer. Oh, and good banter with your new skating buddies too! Once lunch is finished there will be more time to enjoy the ice with your renewed energy, before you head back to the city for a relaxing and cosy evening.
Good to Know
- 08:00 departure.
- The minimum age is 15 years old and ALL YOUTH’S MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
- This Tour is designed for beginners, or people who haven’t been skating in a while and need a refresher! If you have some experience ice skating then take a look at our ‘A Day on the Ice Guided Tour’.
- We always strive to find the best natural ice on the day of your tour. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s archipelago – we won’t know until that day. We skate on all types of natural ice; from hard black ice, to ice with water or snow on top. One thing we do know for sure, is that it’ll be a day full of adventure, beautiful scenery and a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8kg.
- The tour will take place in all weathers unless the guide believes it to be unsafe. Please dress appropriately.
Book directly with us
- INSTANT CONFIRMATION!
- NO booking fees.
- NO cancellation fees (cancel up to 24h in advance for a full refund).
See our full list of reasons to book directly with us, click here.