Nordic Skating on Natural Ice Multi Day Tour
*Price from: 8690 SEK*
If you have experience ice skating and you absolutely love it, then join us on our 3 Day Swedish Skating Adventure! We will skate on the best natural ice each day; in an area of approximately 350 km around Stockholm. Within this area are 3 of Europe’s 5 largest lakes (Vänern, Vättern and Mälaren) and Stockholm’s archipelago in the Baltic sea. Our expert guides are all extremely experienced nordic skaters and wild skating guides, so you couldn’t be in more capable hands for a weekend of fun and adventure!
- Further your Ice Skating techniques
- Experience the thrill of Ice Skating on natural ice
- Ice Skate either on a small lake, Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago
- Spend a few days surrounded by breathtaking scenery
- Knowledgeable & experienced English-speaking guides
- Top quality equipment
- Small groups, max 10 participants per guide
- Stay in first class country style Hotels and Guesthouses (often with saunas)
- Delicious meals included
- Pick up & drop off from the city included
- Transport throughout the entire adventure
- Thursday – is an arrival day and you can choose to either stay at:
- Friday morning – we will pick you up early (from either The Viking or Arlanda Airport) and head out for a full day ice skating. That night you will stay in a first class country style guesthouse.
- Saturday – full day ice skating and another night in a first class country style guesthouse.
- Sunday – full day ice skating. If you are leaving the day the tour ends, please do not book a flight before 19:00 (if in doubt please ask us).
Should you wish to stay longer, please select extra nights when making your booking.
Before you head off in search of adventure your experienced guide will brief you on the tour and the safety equipment first off, then once you are fitted with your nordic skates and equipment, you will head out to the best ice and the most beautiful surroundings that Stockholm has to offer.
You will be split into sub groups, each with an expert guide, to ensure you are skating alongside people of a similar ability and with similar expectations. Your guide will coach you on the best techniques for gliding easily over the ice, so as to further/perfect your nordic skating techniques before setting off on your adventure! You will skate all day with your sub group, but meet the rest of the group in the evenings at the hotels & guesthouses.
Depending on the weather, ice conditions and the skills of your sub group, you will cover anything between 20 and 80 km per day.
The days will be full of beautiful scenery, some of the best natural ice and skating conditions for nordic skating in the world, and lots of fun and exhileration as you get to know your fellow ice skaters. The evenings promise to be just as enjoyable as the days, with good food, fun chatter about the days activities and the chance to relax in the sauna. We stay in first class country style hotels and guesthouses that are high in quality, charm and character.
Good to Know
- You should have experience Ice Skating to join this tour, and be physically able to skate for approximately 6-8 hours a day.
- We start skating early every day so we can make the most of the daylight hours.
- You should have experience Ice Skating to join this tour.
- We always strive to find the best natural ice on the day of your tour. This means that, depending on the weather conditions, the location of our adventure and the skating conditions may vary. We could go to a small lake, to Lake Mälaren (the 5th largest lake in Europe) or to the Baltic Sea in Stockholm’s Archipelago – we won’t know until that day. We skate on all types of natural ice; from hard black ice, to ice with water or snow on top. One thing we do know for sure, is it’ll be a great experience!
- The safety equipment you skate with weighs approximately 8kg.
- Price for 3 days:
- Arrival night at Arlanda Airport – 8690 SEK pp (based on 2 adults sharing a double room), 10190 SEK (single room)
- Arrival night at The Royal Viking – 9490 SEK pp (based on 2 adults sharing a double room), 10990 SEK (single room)
- You must be a party of 2 to book a double room.
- If you are a single traveller, you must book a single room.
- There is no triple room option.
THIS IS OUR MOST POPULAR WINTER TOUR, WITH ALMOST 60% OF OUR GUESTS BEING REPEAT CLIENTS! SO IF YOU ARE KEEN TO JOIN US, DON’T HESITATE, BOOK TODAY!
- 3 days – 25 January (arrival day), 26-28 January
- 3 days – 1 February (arrival day), 2-4 February
- 2 days – 9 February (arrival day), 10-11 February
- 3 days – 22 February (arrival day), 23-25 February
- 3 days – 1 March (arrival day), 2-4 March
Book directly with us
- NO hidden extras.
- NO booking fees.
- NO credit card fees.
- NO cancellation fees for cancellations of day tours up to 24 hours prior to departure.
- NO cancellation fees for cancellations of multiday tours up to 7 days prior to departure.
See our full list of reasons to book directly with us, click here.