Travel by RIB Speed Boat to meet Stockholm Archipelago’s resident Seals
*Price: 1390 SEK per person*
What could be a greater combination than the excitement and exhilaration of a RIB speed boat ride, and the serenity and beauty of a Seal Safari??!
- Experience the excitement & thrill of 45 knots!
- View some of the city highlights as you leave the urban coastline behind
- Soak up the changing scenery
- Enjoy the wildlife, rugged scenery and serenity of the Archipelago
- Visit the seal colonies in the outer Archipelago
- Qualified English-speaking Captain
- Small groups, max 12 participants
- Delicious Fika included
You will meet your Captain, and fellow passengers, at the Strandvägen Jetty, downtown. The tour will start with a short briefing on safety and what to expect during the tour. Then once you are geared up with some waterproofs and a life jacket, you will hop into the RIB and hold onto the railing tightly, as it’s going to be an extremely fast ride!!!
On the way out of the city you will pass the National Museum, and take a loop around Djurgården to see Gröna Lund Amusement Park and The Vasa Museum. The RIB (rigid inflatable boat) will pick up speed as it leaves the scenic urban coastline behind, racing out towards the idyllic Stockholm Archipelago at speeds of up to 45 knots (95 km per hour)!! This tour’s certainly not for the faint hearted! 😉
Reaching Fjäderholmarna signifies that you’ve arrived in the archipelago proper! With almost 30 000 islands there’s plenty to see and there’s no more thrilling way than by RIB speed boat! The wildlife, rugged scenery and serenity of the archipelago will blow you away! Soak up the changing scenery; for as far as the eye can see there are rocky, tree-covered islands dotting the Baltic Sea. Some are home to pastel-coloured wooden dwellings and small fishing villages, but many are small and uninhabited. There will be towering cliffs, narrow passage ways, plenty of forest and wildlife in abundance! The wildlife and nature is astonishing! Moose, Roe Deer, Fallow Deer and Red Foxes live on the larger islands and during the summer months they swim between them. White-tailed/Sea eagles, Canadian Geese, Eider, Loons, Arctic Terns, Ospreys, Great Cormorants and other migratory birds can be seen all summer.
The seals have their colonies in the outer archipelago, so you’ll travel further than many tourists do in order to see them play, swim, sunbathe and siesta. Your knowledgeable Captain will be able to tell you plenty about the seals and the archipelago, aswell as Stockholm’s colorful past and present.
During the tour you will pause for Fika (the Swedish tradition of taking a break for a warm drink and a delicious snack) onboard the RIB, or on one of the many beautiful small islands.
Our Seal Safari operates following Saturdays:
- Saturday 12 May
- Saturday 26 May
- Saturday 9 June
- Saturday 16 June
- Saturday 7 July
- Saturday 21 July
- Saturday 4 August
- Saturday 18 August
- Saturday 1 September
Good to Know
- 13:30 Departure.
- RIB = Reinforced Inflatable Boat (or a boat with a stiff hull and tubes in rubber).
- We use Agapi 900 Open RIB Speed Boats equipped with 5,3 litre 350 hp Yamaha V8 outborders.
- We can take up to 12 guests in one RIB.
- Our RIB’s travel at 45 knots (83,3 km/h or 51,8 mph).
- The engine is of the latest four-stroke technology and meets high environmental standards set in the marine area.
Book directly with us
- NO hidden extras.
- NO booking fees.
- NO credit card fees.
- NO cancellation fees for cancellations of day tours up to 24 hours prior to departure.
- NO cancellation fees for cancellations of multiday tours up to 7 days prior to departure.
See our full list of reasons to book directly with us, click here.